Abaco Strategy, LLC (Abaco) is a HUBZone, Woman Owned, Small Business located in Leesburg, VA. Abaco provides Information Technology and Consulting Services to Commercial customers and the Federal Government. We deliver technology enabled, results oriented solutions. We build long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. We leverage industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
ASP .NET Developer
Location – Washington, DC
Minimum Experience -3-5 Years
Required Degree – 4-Year Degree or equivalent
IMPORTANT! – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Position Type – Temp to Perm
Abaco is seeking an ASP .NET Developer to work for a major financial banking institution located in the Washington, DC Metro Region. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have demonstrated ability developing applications using .NET and SQL Server. The .NET developer will work within a team to plan, lead, design, develop, integrate, test, and implement business solutions that involve .NET Framework, and SQL Server database platforms.
– Develop ASP .NET Framework and code to address business requirements, perform unit and integration testing
– Develop custom Web Services, Windows Services, or program modules using.NET Framework
– Organize upcoming and ongoing work within Rational Team Concert. Provide transparency and facilitate collaboration within the team
– Participate in the established build processes that automatically compile and test .NET code for compliance with the requirements, design, and coding best practices
– Develop test harnesses for code, ensure the code behaves exactly as expected, and meets established requirements
– Support security patching, license and compliance management
– IT Professional with a solid understanding of the Microsoft technology stack
– Three-five years of ASP .NET application and WEB development experience
– Hands-on experience with the SQL Server Database platform
– Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must as well as strong interpersonal skills
– Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to take on projects and tasks with little direction and apply good judgment on decision-making skills
– Ability to work effectively as a member of medium to large, cross-functional or crossdepartmental teams of medium to large, cross-functional or cross-departmental teams
– Experience working with Federal Government customers
– Education: Microsoft .NET certifications and other technical certifications are strongly preferred, and their ongoing pursuit is considered evidence of ‘an inclination towards continuous learning’
– 4-year technical degree
– US Citizenship
– Ability to pass a background check
Abaco is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
As a HUBZone certified company, we encourage applicants who live in HUBZones, as designated by the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ .
If interested, please apply below or visit http://www.abacostrategy.com/careers/available-positions/asp-net-developer and apply today!